Bit defender is one of the popular antivirus programs that offer a free edition for its users. The software blocks against dangerous threats and does not use up a lot of the system resources. One good thing about using bitdefender antivirus is that you do not have to turn it on your whenever you want to do malware checkup. The software can run all the time.
Bit defender supports windows 7, windows 8 and windows 10 operating systems. The software also offers a free antivirus for android and macOS. The antivirus software will scan all the files without overwhelming the system resources. Thus, the computer will not experience any performance issues when scanning.
It will be hard for viruses to stay in your computer when you have bit defender. The antivirus software starts scanning once the critical services have been loaded. Thus, it will check for worms and malicious software that can harm your computer. The regular updates will ensure that you are always up to date to deal with new malware.
The software runs all programs through a safe environment before they are released to the regular part of your computer. You can use the programs without having fear of them being malicious. You will require an internet connection to use the online installer. The bit defender antivirus free edition needs 360 megabytes of data. The software offers protection against web attacks, phishing and ransomware attacks. For the free edition users enjoy basic protection for their computer. However, the free bitdefender version does not offer firewall protection. Users must upgrade to enjoy some features.
- On access protection from malware and viruses
- Regularly updates virus definitions
- Easy on system memory
- It is easier to use
- It is only meant for home use
- It does not have custom scanning options
- Virus shield: for stopping stealth software and malware from getting access to a network
- Link scanner: protects users against any kind of credit card phishing attempt. Link scanner scans all the links that you go to through web browsers.
Paid version features
- Password manager: to save passwords and credit card information
- Ransomware protection
- Online banking protection: offers protection when using online banking. It uses safepay to keep users secure.
- Search advisor
- Vulnerability scan: to scan system for vulnerabilities
- WiFi security advisor: protects users when browsing on public wireless networks. It recommends the use of safepay browser.
- File shredder: permanently deletes files